Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Guardian (2006)

I'll be damned, the stupid movie made me cry, allright. Maybe it was the tequilla I had consumed, but I don't think so.

It had some amazing special effects. It had some pretty good acting. But what got to me was the story line. The writing was top notch. I learned a lot about the Coast Guard, especially the swimmers, the one's that risk their lives to save other folks in great need. Some pretty special individuals for sure.

I would give the movie a good solid 8 out of 10. It was a bit lame in spots, but I didn't see the ending coming. Again, maybe the tequilla. (What can I say, its been a hell of a week, and Kevin Harvick won the Daytona 500. Thats a good thing for me.)

I can recommend this movie, especially for the brave souls who work the Nations Coast Guard. ORRAAH!


Movie:
The Guardian /2006


Director:
Andrew Davis
Writing credits:
WGA
Ron L. Brinkerhoff



Starring:

Kevin Costner ...... Ben Randall
Ashton Kutcher .... Jake Fischer

No comments: