Thursday, December 13, 2007

Enchanted (2007)

Enchanted(2007) is a pretty amazing movie in that it blends many components so well. It takes animation and blends it with live action. It takes what could be very campy humor and blends well with a certain amount of skepticism and wit and the mixture comes out refreshing and witty. It takes some of the basics for elderly Disney story lines and blends it quite nicely with a new version.

This is definitely not my favorite type of movie. It was romantic and a bit childish, definitely no blood and guts, and a borderline musical. Not my usual cup of tea at all. But I liked it. It kinda took me back to the old Disney cartoons, and it was nice.

I gave it an 8 out of 10. The direction was good, nice special effects and some pretty darn good acting. I can surely recommend this movie, especially for kids.

Movie: Enchanted(2007)

Director: Kevin Lima

Writer: Bill Kelly

Actors:
Amy Adams ... Giselle
James Marsden ... Prince Edward
Idina Menzel ... Nancy Tremaine
Susan Sarandon ... Queen Narissa
Patrick Dempsey ... Robert Philip

No comments: