Saturday, March 3, 2007

The American Idol ...

Yes, I am guilty of watching this show. I have been for the last five years, off and on for the first two, but I have been hooked the last three years.

Being a musician myself, a guitarist with about 33 years experience, I have a very good ear for music and beat and pitch and all that good stuff. I am always so glad when they get past the rough start with the wannabes and get into the meat of the program where the actual talent begin to shine.

This year so far, They have left the two sexes seperate, bringing the men out one night and the ladies the next. Then they are knocking off 2 from each sex each week. In my book, the ladies are kicking some serious behind on the guys, but there are a few guys that are catching on.

As for the guys, I liked Sundance Head's version of "Mustang Sally". It was rich and powerful, although I think he is going to need to dig even deeper to stay on the show when it comes to competeing head to head with the ladies, especially with the likes of Lakeesha Jones. Wow, she is amazing, in my book. She so far is my pick to win this thing.

The first week, she choose "And I Am Telling You, I'm Not Going". I was blown away by the sheer power this lady possess. It was a little pitchy in spots, but my God, the volume she was able to achieve far outweighed any problems the song may have had. Then this last week she came back with "Midnight Train to Georgia". It was again a very good display of her amazing ability and talent, not to mention sheer power. Lakeesha says in her bio she has formal training in Opera and Clasical Music. I believe she could easily hit the back row in any Opera house with out a Micrphone easily.

No comments: